B18A1 swap to CRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dgmikey

I have a totalled 93 integra and am planning on getting a crx shell. I was wondering what model would be the best to transfer EVERYTHING over to. A buddy said the HF, but I dont know much about crx's or hondas at all for that matter, since I spent most of my technical experience putting an engine in my 240sx and being around nissans for the past few years(Im 18.)

What parts can all be swapped over from the integra. I plan on doing suspension, engine, brakes and probably steering wheel(I never saw the CRX one but i love the Teg's wheel.)

I was also wondering, is there any site that has an overview or something of what all needs to be done? From what people are telling me it is fairly easy.

Thanks to anyone who responds in advance.

Well, you can use the engine and trans. You will have to run the car OBD0 or convert to OBD1.

You can swap the rear trailing arms on for the Disc Brake conversion. If you do this, grab the Master Cylinder and Booster. If the CRX you get doesnt have a rear sway bay, you can retro-fit this one on. As long as you take the rear lower control arms off the Integra and yse them as well.

You can swap the front suspension on for bigger front brakes. 10" > 9". Also use the Sway bar that's up front as well, it's bigger.

did you click? bitch

i sent him to a good place to start....i did help him...bitches

Originally posted by tphan4+Mar 23 2005, 09:30 PM-->
@Mar 23 2005, 04:46 PM
https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29749
that's your answer

:search:
[post=477645]Quoted post[/post]​

or u could just help him out ....I dont understand why people waste their time to tell people to search...

not really familiar with the b18 to a crx swap but a user on here...his sn is lsb16crxhf ... he has a few info sites he could hook you up with just pm him
[post=477804]Quoted post[/post]​

damn tphan4 why u dropping my name round here...u kno i cant even put my car together...

the DX crx has the correct hubs but u need to wire for MPFI and jump to OBD-1
the Si and Hf crx are both wired for mpfi but think both of them need the front hubs from a dx crx...the hf is lighter, the si has a sunroof and other goodies...the shell is ur preference...as for things u can take fro mthe integra...ur steering wheel, the brake system....trailing arms and sum suspension parts...good luck!

FORMBY DID THE QUICKY -tho the image does refer to some one to search about them selves being a retard he isnt the one who made it- make one to tell people to plain search and it will be used-

on the other hand other people like the long explanation and like to sit down and help people -

no finger pointing just help!

the reaction i was looking for was "thanks after reading there, i still dont understand____________"
then i know the person is not a dumb ass, or a 13 tear old kid asking redundant q's.....

and i was on my way out of my office...i helped with the time allowed...

Do you have to such an ass to everyone?
..maybe i dont go into detail on "how to" but i did help....if a person says that i did not help when i did.... then i get rude......

I was kinda helped by that thread actually, so thanks, i could care less about the search thing. Didnt bother me. I will let you know that i did search though. What kind of car is that for, or are all cars the same? I never really got into hondas like i did nissans, but now i have a situation where it would be nice to know how to do it ahead of time before i dive into a project like this one and get totally f*cked and have to come back to the interweb for every little question i have.

first get the motor out....then check if the motor needs a refreshing...then take the engine out of the crx...buy mounts...if the crx is hf/si then you have MPFI if its a dx/std the you have DPFI and need a hasport harness (EFDX-Si) all you do is install the harness and drop in the engine....just let hasport know what obd ecu you are going to use..... keep the shiftlinkage and the rear disks

Originally posted by formby@Mar 25 2005, 12:40 PM
first get the motor out....then check if the motor needs a refreshing...then take the engine out of the crx...buy mounts...if the crx is hf/si then you have MPFI if its a dx/std the you have DPFI and need a hasport harness (EFDX-Si) all you do is install the harness and drop in the engine....just let hasport know what obd ecu you are going to use..... keep the shiftlinkage and the rear disks
[post=478531]Quoted post[/post]​

Hey, i did a b18a1 swap into my crx. I am having huge difficulty figuring out the wiring though. Under the dash i am using the hf harness, with the integra ecu, then under the hood i am using the hf engine harness. At first it looked great because the hf harness plugs into all the spots. But then when i turned it over the distributor got power but it wouldn't fire. Can anyone please tell me why, or what kind of engine harness i should use.

Andy

is your enigne gettin spark? Fuel? just becuase the dist. is getting power doesnt mean that its actually working.

Brian

Back