b18a1 wiring problem for hf

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

camaro boy

does any one know if i can use a crx d15 hf distributor in a b18a1 motor?
someone please help!!!

from your previous post where you said the distributor plugs didn't match, i assumed you had the OBD0 B18A1 engine and if plugs didn't match, your car would be a DX - now that i know you have the HF, if the plugs don't match, it would mean your B18A1 engine is OBD1 - is this correct? if so, you will need to either convert the engine to OBD0 or convert the car to OBD1 - the HF distributor won't bolt to the head - your question about the O2 sensor depends on whether you are going to be using OBD1 or OBD0

Quoted post[/post]]
from your previous post where you said the distributor plugs didn't match, i assumed you had the OBD0 B18A1 engine and if plugs didn't match, your car would be a DX - now that i know you have the HF, if the plugs don't match, it would mean your B18A1 engine is OBD1 - is this correct? if so, you will need to either convert the engine to OBD0 or convert the car to OBD1 - the HF distributor won't bolt to the head - your question about the O2 sensor depends on whether you are going to be using OBD1 or OBD0

how can i tell what it is obd1 or obd0 ?
what should i use obd1 or obd0 witch is better or easer to do?
is it easer to change the motor or the car over?
i had swaped over over the motor wiring harrness from the hf motor.
not shure on what to do first time swap.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

if the distributor plugs are gray in color = OBD1 white (kinda yellowish) in color = OBD0 - personally, i would change the car over to OBD1, but it may be easier and less expensive to switch the engine to OBD0

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

if the distributor plugs are gray in color = OBD1 white (kinda yellowish) in color = OBD0 - personally, i would change the car over to OBD1, but it may be easier and less expensive to switch the engine to OBD0

the distributor plugs are gray in color

Back