b18a1swap problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

efcivic4dr

Im having a few issues here. I swapped a b18a1 into my 91 civic sedan lx and now Its throwing codes 1 4 and 6.... 1 is 02 sensor, 4 is crank shaft position and 6 is temp sensor. But the big problem is how its running. It running dangerously lean. The wiring is wired for the b series and for dpfi-mpfi. You give the car gas and it act like it wants to die but it doesnt. The idle is around 1000rpm. But when you try to rev it up, its act like it hits the rev limited at 3000rpm- 3200rpm and wont go any further. The motor also head up extremely fast. Any idea on why this is happening? The timing is dead on, spark to every plug. new cap and rotor. Just need some advice, done a lot of things already and just need to get it going.. thanks

-Carl-

If it is throwing a o2 sensor code and you say it is running lean, (very light tan/white plugs) I would say clean/replace sensor and see what that does for you. Crank pos. is in the dizzy which may have gone bad, double check all your dpfi-mpfi wires make 110% sure they are going to the right place and have good connections. You may have to replace the distributor too. As far as the temp code flush the radiator, new thermostat and new sensor here as well.

Back