B18b Axle Problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

shortcut10467

HI guys I'm new to this post and, well let me keep this short and to the point, I got a 94 Si hatch with a bone stock LS swap (B18B motor and tranny) everything works fine and the motor runs strong except for 2 things it idles really low doesn't stall out but it idles below 500 I did adjusted it from the distributor with a timing light and still no change any Clue?? and my second question is my RH axle keeps coming out of the transmission not a significant amount about a centimeter or 2 no more, but because of it I've lost tranny oil and I'm not sure how to fix this axle problem, should I buy a new axle? an axle seal maybe? or something a little more in depth, any and all help is appreciated so I don't have to purchase a new transmission.

Thanks for the advice didn't work though I tried at work today, it clicked in, but by the time I got home about 25 miles away, I checked it again and there it goes about 1-2 centimeters out, I just ended up getting a brand new axle for about 60 bucks I'll try that out tomorrow and change the axle seal while I'm at it, and see what happens...

That would have been my second choice. Make sure to get any metal shavings out of it before you put the new one in.

I'll try my best, I'm doing it at my job so I'm gonna use BG's machine for flushing differential fluid but of course with the proper transmission fluid(s)and I'm going to change all the transmission oil just to be safe, just gotta find out what kind of tranny oil those things take because Acura didn't have an answer for me...

Ive always used 15w-40 motor oil and Ive never had any problems, some people use 5w-30, but I would rather use some thicker stuff for longevity reasons.

did the new axle do the trick? I am having the same problem and was waiting to see your result.

Wow sorry for not getting back promptly Busy with work and family etc... anyways The new axle worked perfectly, I changed it along with the transmission axle seal, and so far no problems since then, turns out the old axle was freezing up and thus causing it to "pop out" while driving

awesome....thanks. weird that we happened to be having the same problem at the same time.

Back