b18b block rebuild

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mrnice1058

Ok i got a b18b block, i want to do a lsvtec, but the block that i got has a cracked sleeve and i wanted to know do i need to send it to a shop for them to resleeve it or is that something i can do myself? if so where can i get the sleeves for it? also i am looking to run forced induction and i wanted to know if a 9:2 is a good CR to run on this b18b block let me know guys thanks

I will answer your question with a question what are you planning on running for a turbo. If you are running a small turbo I would go higher. If you are running a mid level turbo what you were planning is great. If you wanna make crazy hp off a huge turbo you want really low CR.

i would like to run maybe 16psi on the turbo but the problem is the sleeves, two of them are cracked and i need to know where i can get the sleeve i have a friend who is a mechanic and he can do it for me but i need the sleeves to do them. so if you know of any sites let me know thanks guys

well if you live near NYC or in PA let me know i can introduce you to him he rebuilt a engine for my girl on her grand am so i trust him because it is going on a year and there is no problem with her car

We sell AEBS sleeves, which are pretty much the standard by which all other sleeves are measured. Also, they do all the work, you just send in your block. I'm with Wired SpeedLab, and we're an HT sponsor, so you can visit our site, or I can help you out directly. The only thing you have to do is strip the block down completely, including crank and all, and then we arrange for you to send it in, and when you get it back, it has a killer set of sleeves that will take any abuse you can throw at it! Email me at josh@wiredspeed.com or hit me up on AIM: wiredspeedjosh if you're interested.

oops, I just realized that I was a little confused about which forum I was on. I hope I didn't piss anybody off advertising like that on the wrong forum!

If you plan on running 16lb of boost.. stock sleeves are not going to be your best bet or work very long. Your cylinder bores will begin to distort and you will loose your ring seal.

Step up and build it once.. EAGLE.. I've pushed 15.3lb on my stock B18B.. and they will not last long if you do not have the car tuned correctly. If you go the route of a stock replacement liner.. make sure it is built out of quality materials and some one who is a player in this game. Just a word of advice.. and learning the hard way as I have.

get darton sleeves and you maybe want new low cr pistons and new rods maybe crower if u want to push 16-20 psi but your choice you know but since you need sleeves go with darton

i know i am not getting stock sleeves the ones i want are like this "DS-300-014 DARTON FLANGED SLEEVE:B18/81mm $48.95 EA"
they are from www.raceeng.com and they offer the labor for 699.99 can't beat that with a bat. so that is where i am going thanks for your help people

Back