b18b civic problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Estorvito

Soy Boricua
I have a 93 honda civic dx. I just swaped a b18b engine from a 96 acura integra. and I made the auto to manual conversion aswell.....Now. I ran the stock ecu for 1 day and it was running good...Next day It started boggin down on me...since the 96 integra ls engine is an obd2 i had to do the obd1 to obd2 conversion....Now im running the stock 96 ecu.....The car starts and all but its misfiring a lot.... Theres a lot of smoke coming from the muffler..(Black smoke) I change the spark plug wires and the plugs. still the same....I took apart the throttle body and the intake was dirty....It looked like Black oil or something....It does this with both of the ecus.........whyyyyyyyyyyy?

question...s...

do you think is the o2 sensor?
ignition timing....?
what the fu-- could it be......

I know the engine was good because it was in my buddies acura and he used to drive it....It only has 97,000 miles on it.....

Thanks....

:( IM getting these ecu codes......

code 65 = oxygen sensor heater(secondary).....

code 54= ckf sensor...wtf is that...where is it located...
Help Please.....How can I fix these problems,,,,.....

Is that why my car is misfiring.....and smoking badly......help Please............ :(

Thanks....

wow...Nobody knows hmmmmm,... :angry:

OK I guess the engine is coming back out....question.? This one guy has an Integra GSR for sale....he wants to get rid of the whole car...because he got rearended..... its smached really bad but.......engine is in good working conditions...he's asking 2800 for it... what do you guys think...? is it worth it.? If i do get it.. I will like to swap it into my 4 door civic since is an obd1 it should be an easy swap....How about the vtec.........Need help on the VTEC wiring....

96 b18b engine coming out..Not running... :(

94 Gsr going in hhhmmmmm,,,.......Turbo on its way...... :D

Help Please....Thanks

from what i understand the gsr is not turbo friendly unless you are going to work on the internals, the b18b is not working, maybe because you are using the obd2 ecu use your stock obd1 ecu see how it runs if it runs even a little better get yourself a chipped ecu that can feed the engine the fuel it needs so it doesn't run lean and you should be good from there and shyt if you not going to use the b18b block pack it up and shipping to pa for me i will fix it no promises of shipping it back...lol good luck

code 54 is crankshaft fluctuation sensor intermittant interuption, or crankshaft fluctuation sensor no signal.
The ecu uses the ckf signal to measure changes in the rotational speed of the crank. If the speed changes exceed a set limit, the ecu concludes that misfires have occurred.
It's located on the timing belt end of the engine, down by the crank pulley, remove the timing cover to see it.

code 65 - secondary o2 circuit heater. Secondary o2's have no bearing on how well the engine runs in a honda, wont cause a misfire. Secondary o2's are used on 96 and newer hondas, and is only there to monitor catalytic converter efficiency.

b18b out not running because that Crankshaft Speed Fluctuation sensor shit kept on fucking around. O well./... I just bought this guys smashed up 94 gsr with 117,000 miles on it for 2800......I went got a flatbed and towed the integra home.......first thing to come out was the engine.......---> gsr is in ....how do I setup the vtec wiring? I have the one plug with two wires left .....I was told I can plug them into the o2 sensor wires.(Black-Green)...Or should i just run them to the ecu..........what pins on ecu?..... :D

I have a 93 honda civic........

What times would i be running on 94 gsr with dc headers,w/ staright pipe and cold air intake.........

How Do I post Pictures so I can show you guys my setup....... :lol:

Thanks....

This is pissin;''' me the fuck off...You can tell Im a NU-B doing engine swaps...But hey//.... anyways...I just dropped the gsr in my civic and Im having the same problem with this engine...Im getting black smoke coming out the exhaust.and its misfiring a little bit.....I bought new plugs, plug wires, O2 sensor, new air filter.... ... Im getting different codes this time.....Im getting

:ph34r: ...................codes.................. :ph34r:

#21= VTEC Solenoid Valve Open or short in VTEC solenoid valve circuit, defective VTEC solenoid valve

#41=Primary Heated O2 sensor heater circuit Open or short in Primary O2 sensor heater circuit, defective

Does this have to do anything with the black smoke coming ot the exhaust...Im thinking maybe...,,,,when I did my first swap (b18b) which was last week, I went to fill up the gas tank.....I notice then that day that my car was misfiring and smoking a lot....what do you guys think.....would it hve anything to do with the gas.....

Help Please.....This Is my only car and I freaking need it....... :(

Thanks.....

OK here goes nothing,,,,
I was getting ecu code #21 the VTEC Solenoid Valve and #41 Primary Heated O2 sensor heater circuit. I pluged vtec solenoid wire and now i get no ecu codes,,,....No check engine light...My car still idles like shit and lots of black smoke coming out the exhaust..Now on the passenger side engine wiring harness, theres a plug with two wires coming out...Yellow w/black stripe and a solid red wire.....What Is This Plug for and where do they run to on the ecu.....

also My car wont start on the ignition switch.....It was automatic before i did the swap.....any help please..........How can I fix this..... :(

Thanks

Back