B18B gas in oil?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Tink26

been having a lot of problems with this Integra I bought that has a b18b someone before me built. fixed my heating problems (way out of time) fixed my fans not coming on problem and now i have an oil and gas mixture spraying out of the oil pan seal. there is no coolant in my oil so i believe my head gasket should be ok but has anyone ever had a problem like this?

Thinking maybe piston rings are messed up but it has a new forged bottom end supposedly (guy before me says) doing a compression test tonight maybe results there?

Well that's not supposed to happen. Gas should never be coming out of your oil pan seal.

the oil pan gasket is known to leak on b series, very common.

are you sure there is actually gas in your oil? can you see it on the dipstick? i would drain the oil if you really think there could be gas in it. and its def not a good thing if there is!

prob more of a fuel leak running down the side of the engine, bringing down oil that was already on the outside of the engine (pre existing leak) making it look like an oil/ ful mixture-leak...

also, if the fuel pressure regulator diaphram tears, it will send fuel into the intake, down into the cylinders, past the rings and into the oil pan...

Thanks for all the feedback Im going to check that diaphram on the fuel pressure regulator tonight and I do need to look at the oil a little bit harder. I have done a compression test and it seems to be fine so the only other thing could be oil rings shot compression rings still good but that makes no sense either I may just be freaking out haha and thinking the worst.

Definitely check it out for a fuel leak - the next symptom could be a fire at the most inopportune time and burn it to the ground.

so i got the car running fine now no gas in oil i just freaked out i guess.. got it tuned and running perfect i got a helluva oil pan gasket leak.

Anybody got any advice on getting it to seal up enough to drive? i put a new felpro gasket on it and some of that gasket silicon on both sides and it still wont seal.. after tightening it real tight.. anything else i can do?

You've probably over tightened the nuts for the oil pan. They aren't supposed to be very tight. Over-tightening might have caused you to warp the mating surface on the pan, which means you might not ever get a good seal again. If I were you, I'd go to a Honda dealer and get a new OEM pan gasket, install it, and torque the nuts on the pan to the spec. Can't remember what the spec is off the top of my head but the information is out there.

i found on the net that it was 9 foot pounds or 104 inch pounds i got a wrench that goes by foot pounds so i got another felpro gasket and im going to do it to torque specs this time hoping for the best. thanks

The block and pan need to be clean when you put the sealer on it to bond. Clean as in wiped with methanol alcohol, lacquer thinner or carb/brake cleaner - degreaser.

Spray the pan with it, and clean it up real good. For the block, put some a cotton rag, then wipe the block with the the pre-wetted cotton rag. DO NOT SPRAY DE-GREASER/SOLVENT ON THE BLOCK. Wipe excess oil off of the block first, then use the wetted rag to degrease. Use plenty of sealer.

Last edited:
Back