B18b head swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sn0rKy

ok im am currently collecting parts for this head swap and was wondering a couple of things, is there a writeup on this head swap?
also what are speciality tools that are needed to do this swap?

and if anybody has done this swap before is it worth it?

currently i have pretty much all the basics
sockets, impact wrench, wrenchs, torque wrench, what else tools do i need?

Basics is all you need.
make sure you get a manual in front of you for torque sequence and the two stages of torque specs... it will also tell you EXACTLY what you need to do, in steps..

just get a hanyes manual from Advanced Auto or Autozone, etc.

Andrew said:
Basics is all you need.
make sure you get a manual in front of you for torque sequence and the two stages of torque specs... it will also tell you EXACTLY what you need to do, in steps..

just get a hanyes manual from Advanced Auto or Autozone, etc.

ya i have the manual i was look at it, n they installed it with the valve train disassembled, it doesnt need to be does it?

Does that mean it didn't have the valves in the head when they installed it?
Valves are installed from the bottom side of the head. if for some reason they didn't install valves when they reattached the head, they are some of the biggest noobs ever.
If it was just valve springs/retainers and the cam/cover, you should be fine.

There are 10 head bolts that connect the head to the block. Then you've just got your timing belt, coolant hoses, etc.

why are you puting on a b18b head just install the larger cams and be done

B18 as in LS?

I think he meant the cams werent installed. In that case, its right. Becuase you can not get to the headbolts if the cams are bolted in.

Back