B18B into 1995 EG Coupe questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Skillz01

I have a 1995 EG Coupe and am going to swap a B18B into it....now I just have a few questions before I decide which motor to order.

I see in reference materials it states that the easiest swap is the B18B 94-95 and the harder swap is the 96-01 B18B.....what is the difference...I know that one is OBD1 and the other is OBD2 but if I order a jdm OBD2 motor how much harder is it than if I order a OBD1 JDM B18B.....I have heard also that the harness on my D series motor will connect right up to either motor is this true...please help with this confusion.

the obd1 is easier because of smog issues. the obd2 is a pain just because of the wiring, the motor is pratically the same. as for the D seires harness. you shouldn't have to much trouble useing it, just make sure you wire up your vtec. good luck.

YOU DON'T NEED TO WIRE VTEC ON EITHER OF THE TWO LISTED. if you get a b18c, b18c1, or a b18c5 then you will but not with the b18b. maybe only the knock if the b18b has one.

Back