B18b into 98 ex

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRXSI91

ok..im doing an LS swap in this guys 98 ex...he didnt wanna replace the stock d16 motor..and wanted an LS..so i told him id do it.....

as far as dropping the motor in...i know it has no trouble fitting..but what about mounts...what mounts would i have to use to drop the motor in....

Shift linkage....would i use shift linkage from a 94 LS integra? or what shift linkage should be used?

the original wiring harness is on the LS motor..but its obd1....i believe a 98 ex is obd2...so what harness would i use on the motor...could i use the EX harness???

Any helpful tips,would be appreciated...thanks :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Before anyone says it i know they will say do a search its in the forrums, and well it is in there. But just to help you since i have done this before and did it again last weekend, you will need the following from a 99-00 civic si, rear t bracket and driver side timing belt mount, along with front tranny tourque mount, or a 94-01 teg tranny tourque mount, shift linkage would be from a 99-00 civic si or 94-01 teg... you can reuse your stock wiring harness, some things will have to be lengthened/shortened, and your dizzy will need to be replaced with an obd2a LS dizzy, also you will need a 96-98 ls ecu and ur good.

Well to tell you you are wrong on somthings i just did this swap in mine. I was about to do a write up on this very topic. on the rear mount hes right about that one. You need the T bracket from the 99-00 civic si local honda dealer sells for about 40 bucks. Gonna reuse the rubber mount thow. on the driver sid gonna have to get the 99si timing belt bracket not the mout you reuse yours or if its busted then you can use the civic si if you wanna pay for it. You need the bracket that has two studs stick out and bolt to the block with three bolts. Its about 70 bucks from the dealer. On the trans if it is manual then you reuse the same top mount. if the old motor is auto then you gonna have to get a manual thats if the new motor is a manual. On the front wich is called a torque mount gonna use a 99si or a 94-01 integra mount but you use the civics studs and rubber mounts that bolt under the car to the fram. On the a/c side if you want to keep your a/c then gonna have to get a 94-97 civic del sol Vtec with the b16a3 front bracket others will not work. 100 bucks from the dealer I found this on ebay for cheaper. here but if not keeping the a/c you can use the integras bracket. Same thing with this stud and mount. Heres the rear bracket you need for cheap.here

On the topic of the shift linkage this is esay you can use the 99si or the 94-01 integra doesnt matter wich integra GSR,LS,GS,TYPE R all the same. The Del sols are diffrent there two long. the stock civic on is to short.

On the wiring plug and play after you convert the motor over to OBD2a. Its esayer then you think. Trust me i did this to mine. You dont even have to use a helms manual since your car is the EX the lucky ones mines LX. I had to get a EX harness and wire it in. Ok like he said you need a 96-98 ECU from a integra LS or GS dosent matter both the same. Your gonna use the cars harness to do this not the one that came with the motor. Integras are two peices 96+ civics are one that means that it goes strait throgh the firewall to the ECU. just plug the harness into the ECU (PLUG N PLAY) on the motor gonna have to get a few parts to make it OBD2a you need a DIZZY,ALTONATOR,INAKEMAIFOLD(with the sensors).

Thats most of what you need on the Inake manifold you can use the one that came with the motor but you need the other parts the dizzy and the alt. the plugs are diffrent from OBD1 to OBD2.

One thing is youll have to see what your local emmisions checks for when they do there emmsions if they check for the date of the motor gonna have to change the head to a 96-98 if they do. Also gonna have to add a crank angle sensor how you do this is you change the Oil pump, Timing gear on the crank and the cover for it and also get a key for the timing gear when you get it.

Oil pump 125$
Timing gear + key 75$
Crank sensor 133$
Bottom timing belt cover 60$
All of these you get from the Acura dealer.
(DONT GET THEM FROM A AUTOZONE OR A PARTS STORE)
Change all this and that all you need. If you need more info let me know.

Civicgrapimpin@yahoo.com

ya boy steveo

i dont see how i am wrong, but anyway i forgot a few things like the injector plugs which you can just repin with obd2 plugs and which ac bracket to use, seems like u covered some of that... here is my write up on what i did '98 b18b1 into my '96 dx civic coupe my swap

i have the 00 civic Si rear mount bracket, and driver's side mount bracket.
I'll sell em for $15 bucks each + shipping.
(85035 is my zipcode if you want to get a shipping price)
(and a 98% complete Si harness, and a working p2t for anyone interested)

Back