B18B into a 92 Si - Some Q's (did search!)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92BlackSi

The parts list:

Motor mounts from 94-01 Integra LS,
Axles from a 94-01 Integra LS,
P75 ECU
Shift linkage from a 94-01 Integra LS OR 99-00 Civic Si (B16)
Transmission from a 94-01 Integra LS (hydraulic or cable.. I not sure?

So as far as wiring is concerned I already have a D16Z6 and have vtec wired, so the only wiring I need to do is for the B-series knock sensor? Where does this wire go from on the ECU and to on the motor?

Is there anything else that needs to be swapped to make this work? (ex. brake components, rad etc...)

I have the intention of going turbo on this motor eventually and believe the B18B is the best way for me to achieve this. I want somewhere around mid 12's and 106-110MPH in the 1/4.

So can someone critique my parts list and give me the general breakdown of how hard this is going to be?? ALSO if I can meet my performance goals relatively easily with this combo?

Thanks
Chris

if you want to go turbo why not save some money and go with a b16a, or even a teg LS?

b16b is really spendy and you really don't get THAT much more for your money except the status among your friends of having a real typeR

I'd say just get a complete changeover swap from somewhere like japan direct
that is where I got my jdm b16
or hmotorsonline has a good rep on this site as well

then you will get all the stuff you need and not have to source all the parts

also, there is an ecu pinout for the P28/30 in the articles section (which is the ecu for the b16)

sorry I didn't exactly answer your ?

True a b18a is perfect for a turbo set up and requires the same parts and not very much hardship. It is also ALOT cheaper.

since you have a 92 civic si i am going to assume you also have the dual core radiator, but if you run into cooling problems i would upgrade that first. i don't think you will need to wire a knock sensor for the p75 ecu.

are you rebuilding the motor right now? because if you are you should upgrade your stock con rod bolts to arp units along with the head studs.

did you guys read his post. hes talking about swaping a b18b not b16b.

im pretty sure the p75 doesn't look for a knock sensor, so it should be plug and play.

your stock radiator will work fine but you will need new hoses to fit the new motor. the only eg that came with the dual core is the del sol vtec.

sorry, I guess I have b16b on the brain or something.
b18b is a good choice for a turbo set up

sorry about the confusion

Great thanks guys, so the parts list looks OK?

I would be getting a motor (USED) and not rebuilt unless I can find a hella deal. What is the cost on rebuilding I am assuming around $1600 US with some goodies?

Will any 90-01 Teg tranny work? Do I need hydraulic or cable and which year tranny might be best?

any tranny will work with the right stuff hydro is what you need. However it will cost a pretty penny.

Mark

Umm, you would need to use a Bseries, hydraulic transmission with axles meant for the tranny.

Report back in once the swap is done on the differences.

Back