B18b Into Std Hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civ90hb

Hey i need some info on this swap. I am buying the engine tomorrow & i know i will need a mount kit, obd convertor since it's obd1 and that's all that i know of. Don't i have to modify & rewire for mpfi since i only have efi? If so how hard is that? What do i need to do? Thanks.

I was like you one time.

You have to get your facts straight first.

You will need a lot of things.. Converted to MPFI don't really need to but you can if you want.. OR GO STRAIGHT OBD1 u need to know how to solider.. Wiring is the hardest part that will get you!!! If you have someone who can do your wiring and is good at it go with him pay em like 250 or something...

You will need to convert to OBD1 engine harness and ECU Harness.

You will need a L Bracket for the swap.

Make sure you get all the parts etc.. Before you swap and do a lot of research before you begin thats hell Important. STD Is a tight civic you will need to change brakes rotors etc.. STD is more work.. but worth if when up and running!!!!!!

man , mine use to be a std, 4 speed and i didnt want to do the ghetto wiring to convert it to mpfi so i put the entire body wiring harness from a 89 civic si so the si engine harness will hook up to it. and i have a obd1 motor, but i just changed some sensors to obd0 and it works fine. check engine light is still on but i dont know why. ill figure it out someday. I almost got my body harnesss converted to obd1 but they wanted 300 dollars ( some local shop) and i was kinda broke after buying the swap.

Ya, well those plans just went down the drain, the guy i was buying the swap from told me after i just sent him the money today, that he sold it to some kid for cash, so he has to send me back my money order, damn people piss me off, now i am just saving for a newer car...

eh, i decided to save for a bit & buy an rsx type s, then purchase the turbo kit as soon as funds are available for it, a 400 hp rsx sounds like fun to me

NOO!! dont get a new car man...listen for how much u spend just buying the car u can buy like a cheap crx or civic hatch 92-95 or somethin for like 2 grand and put all that damn money into it and smoke that rsx. seriously dude im doing the b18a swap in my crx right now its the non v-tec because i dont care for vtec but anyway they make a stroker kit for the b18a and b20 just buy the b20 stroker kit and slam it in ur b18a and it will be bulletproff its all forged by eagle. thats what im gonna do and YO i just posted a topic but i'll do it here too...i have a 91 crxsi and i need to know if the b18a1 non vtec will connect straight up with my harness just let me know and reply to my topic!!!!! please... but yea dude my friend has a crx with a b18a and its all stock but he has the b16a tranny from japan and he smokes gsr integras that have like exhaust and intakes and fuel rails...just something to think about.

Yes i know i could build a honda for cheap, hell i have a 90 hatch sittin in my driveway, the thing is i just like how newer cars drive and feel, especially the older hondas with the cable trannys, they just feel so out of date, i could spend $1500 on suspension & wheels and $2500 on an engine & run 13s but it's not what i'm wanting, i'd rather have a newer car & run 15s, also if i get this job that i applied for then i'll be making damn good money, so in like 5 months i could straight out buy an rsx type s and like 2 months after that have it turboed...and your question bout the wiring, it should just be plug & play, it should connect right up...

Back