B18b Obd-1 To Obd-2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Firewalker

i have a 1995 acura integra with a b18b

i found out a 1999 acura integra motor, my friend will install it.
the only problem i found out is that the engine is OBD-2. so what do i need to do to install an OBD-2 Engine in a 1995 OBD-1 setup ( ECU etc... ).

i can buy any other parts, but first, can i fit in that engine OBD-2 in an OBD-1 car, i mean idont care about the sensors just want it to work good

anyone knows ?!

you will need to use the engine harness off your current motor and just transfer it over the the 99 motor. It is basically the same thing. Don't convert it to OBD2

first off, yes the engine will bolt right in, the mounts are all the same from 94-01 integra
but in order to put the obd1 harness on the obd2 engine you will have to change a few things. First you are going to want to re-use your distributor and alternator off the old engine, secondly you are going to have to either re-wire the injectors or take your old injectors and swap them onto the new engine. Obd1 and obd2 injectors have different plugs.
An easier approach would be to just use the engine harness that is on the 99 integra engine, that way you won't have to change anything and it will plug directly into your car and will work 100%

first off

i forgot to tell you guys im on an automatic transmission does it change something ?!

if i decide to install the 99 b18b bolted with the auto trans ( 99 also )

do i have another change to make ?!

and beside to pay for the engine harness wouldn't it be simple to only rewire the injectors ?!

Im saying that if you have the engine harness from the obd2 car you don't have to change anything, just drop it in a plug it in,
if you don't have the obd2 harness that came with the engine then you will have to re-wire the injectors and re-use your distributor and alternator because the plugs are different for them.

you mean that i have 2 choice ?!

buy a distributor and a alternator obd-2 or simply ( if it's simple to ) modify the plugs ?!

or use the 99 engine harness ?!

yes, you have 2 choices,
use the 99 harness
OR
re-use your old alternator, injectors and distributor with your old harness and new engine

1999 GSR OBD2 to OBD 1 engine

Is it possible to swap in an older OBD1 motor into a 1999 Integra Gsr. I know the obd 2 has the knock sensor and on my accord its down by the crank pulley but I haven't look on the Integras.

Thanks

How old and what engine? If it's a 94-95 integra gsr engine it will drop right in and the engine harness will plug right into the car, if it is a 92-93 integra engine it will require you to modify the engine harness and change the upper engine mount. I can give you a complete rundown of what you have to do if you tell me exactly what you plan on doing.

oh, jdm, it gets a little tricky with the jdm engine when going to obd2,
You have 2 options, 1 hard, one easy, the easy one first:
Get ahold of a 1994-1995 integra GSR engine harness (usdm) and use it on the new engine.
drop the new engine with the new harness into your car.
the problem with this is that you have to modify your evap system to work and i don't know how to do that.
the harder way is to take and re-use your 99 engine harness as well as your old oil pump (or another one for a 99 and change over the crank sensor) re-use your intake manifold with all the sensors, also re-use your distributor and alternator. this method requires a little work, but itll make sure that you don't throw a check engine light for anything.

Thanks allot for your reply, so a 94-95 harness plugs right into a 99 harness? is there any ecu swapping. I might just do the whole oil pump and intake change over.

Thanks again.

no need to change the ecu, you should already have obd2 gsr ecu in the car, which is the best one for your application.

Back