B18b Swap....NEED HELP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DjMcPhatty

Ok, so last night we got the d15 out of the civic vx. Today we are going to put in the b18b and I need some help. First question, I have 3 mounts (the b18b driver side upper mount, the lower back mount, and the lower front mount) I used the civics upper passenger side mount (and it bolted up) is this ok? Second question, the air conditioning compressor had a little tensioner pulley that won't fit with the new ac bracket. How does the belt go on the ac with the new bracket? Third question, What wiring issues am I going to be dealing with as far as wiring the '95 b18b, into the 92 civic vx? Plus anything else I might need to know, when putting this new engine in, thanks for the help.
Baron

opps sorry for the wire thing i thought you had a obd2 engine.

i dont know im using my stock clutch. im just gonna keep on using it until it until it goes bad and then replace it with some act one but not like a 6 puck or something just one of those street ones.

Wiring for that is just plug and play, mounts just use what you got, and ditch the a/c, you don't need it that bad, plus it just wastes power, and adds a little weight.

O and for the clutch, if it's daily driven, go stage 2, look around you can get them for like 250-300, stage 4 is like 500. and unless ur pushin 350+ track driven only its not worth it or ur gonna eat that shit up on public roads.

Ok, we have it in and the ac is on, just no belt going to it (so its not gonna be running). Other than that we are still wiring it up and there are some plugs that we still dont have on, and cant find where they go on the engine. There is a "green" plug that I have no idea where it goes, and some other misc. ones that we'll hopefully find. We'll see how the rest goes in, and ill post again if I need more help.

no throw away the damn compressor you dont need a/c just open the windows and why you even got it on there if you dont have a belt running it?

So that I can have ac later, Right now its not gonna be working, but damn, alabama in the middle of summer is hot, plus i like ac for when i go out....Im not worried about the few hps I lose for the comfort of ac.

If it's a big green plug, from a b18b1 harness it goes to the alternater. O, I also say get rid of the A/C but maybe that's my jersey thinkin!

I live dallas man you have to have a/c its a hot sob. fuck the minor power loss. if your going to lose something lose the power steering

Back