B18b (what Does This Mean)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

keehnel1414

I looked in you swap section because i want to swap a b18b into my civic hatchback what does this me " B18B: Completely bolt-in swap, SIR II, Hasport shift linkage. Del Sol VTEC for the del sol"

I get the completly bolt- in swap, but what does the stuff after that mean (SIR II, Hasport shift linkage. Del Sol VTEC for the del sol)

Another question i had is will a turbo kit work when the engine is in the hatchback or will i need to modify some things for the kit to work.

Another question is what does the b18b redline at stock.

And my last question is what is an estimate of how much hp a turbo will give me with that engine push roughly 8-10psi.

Thanks to whoever can anwser these questions.

It is a bolt in swap,not sure about the other stuff,maybe info for putting it in a delsol.

The turbo depends on which kit,if you get one made for that engine i that car it will fit,if you are going to piece it together you'll probably have to do some custom work.

Rev limit depends on th ECU.

Once again depends on the turbo set up your using.

it means the engine will bolt in with the stock motor mounts, but you need either the sirII shiftlinkage, hasport shiftlinkage, or if your putting the b18b into a del sol you need del sol Vtec shiftlinkage. i think they forgot to mention you can use integra shift linkage with 5th gen swaps too, just not with del sols.

if the engine is OBD-1 and you get all of the mounts with it then yes it should go right in with no problems
you will need the an integra throttle cable though

Back