1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B18b (what Does This Mean)

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by keehnel1414, Apr 2, 2003.

1. keehnel1414

keehnel1414 Senior Member

I looked in you swap section because i want to swap a b18b into my civic hatchback what does this me " B18B: Completely bolt-in swap, SIR II, Hasport shift linkage. Del Sol VTEC for the del sol"

I get the completly bolt- in swap, but what does the stuff after that mean (SIR II, Hasport shift linkage. Del Sol VTEC for the del sol)

Another question i had is will a turbo kit work when the engine is in the hatchback or will i need to modify some things for the kit to work.

Another question is what does the b18b redline at stock.

And my last question is what is an estimate of how much hp a turbo will give me with that engine push roughly 8-10psi.

Thanks to whoever can anwser these questions.

2. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

It is a bolt in swap,not sure about the other stuff,maybe info for putting it in a delsol.

The turbo depends on which kit,if you get one made for that engine i that car it will fit,if you are going to piece it together you'll probably have to do some custom work.

Rev limit depends on th ECU.

Once again depends on the turbo set up your using.

3. keehnel1414

is there anybody else who knows what this means

4. saturn_boy96

saturn_boy96 88 C1V1C 53D4N DR1V3R

it means the engine will bolt in with the stock motor mounts, but you need either the sirII shiftlinkage, hasport shiftlinkage, or if your putting the b18b into a del sol you need del sol Vtec shiftlinkage. i think they forgot to mention you can use integra shift linkage with 5th gen swaps too, just not with del sols.

5. keehnel1414

So if i buy a complete b18b swap with integra shift linkage it will fit on my 92 hatchback?

Thanks for the help

6. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

if the engine is OBD-1 and you get all of the mounts with it then yes it should go right in with no problems
    you will need the an integra throttle cable though

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted