B18b1 block and b16a head questions???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ekronnie

Hey i wanna put a b16 head on my ls b18b1 block how hard would this be, what other parts whould i need and should i do anything else to the block while i have the head off? I'm not asking about horsepower or torque or any of that yet i plan on running something like stated above all motor and slowly buy and build another motor for boost as for i am on a tight budget and usually end up taking for ever to get things done but hey i get it done..any help would be greatly apprieciated

If i were you i'd wait untill you had enough money to build the bottom end. It'd be wiser to build it first so you don't have to take the engine apart later on down the road.

Im getting another motor to build for boost...but as of now i wanna keep my b18 and add a few cheaper parts (even if it means i have to piece it together) that really make a diffirence im really wanna get close as or a lil over 200hp if possible that way my car is not all looks. So i wouldnt be pulling my current motor out later and building the bottom end, hopefully when the time comes to take the current motor out i will have something better to put in. That is my plan but plans dont always work out the way you want them to. I am aware of this!!!!! LOL

Just leave your engine as it is. No point in wasting money on it if you plan on swapping it with a better engine. The more money you spend on the old engine, the less you have to put towards your new build. Just my opinion.

Back