B18B1 Build-up

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

'90ShowCRX

Well, as some of you might know that I am not the guy for Vtec, or niether do I prefer it...but i still have nothing against it. But, anyways I am no in the process of doing an All-Motor LS hopefully to push 220 whp, and maybe more...I just wanted to get some input on what a couple of you guys think...

1. B18B1 Block out of a 95 Teg LS, Bored .020 over with Eagle Rods, and SRP 11.5-1 pistons. Knife Edged Crank with Clutch Masters Flywheel and Im going to externally balance the engine off of the Flywheel.

2. B18B1 head with a 5 angle valve job with full Crower Dual Spring/Keeper/Valve Kit, and Crower 404 Cams for the LS heads, and "touch-up" port work.

3. DH-Racing Ported Intake with OBX-R header with the head match ported to the exhaust ports. DH-Racing 6 oz. pulley, with a lot of bolt ons...

I dunno, just need some Input here...

Thanks,
Brandon

:worthy:

Never heard of an ls putting down that much power. Just curios since you are spending so much money why not the vtec? Also I would go with a smsp header if you are looking to make that much power. Maybe a hytech if the smsp isn't possible.

I have a friend doing 210 whp with an LS, but he is running a full Crane Head Setup...so, he told me that he would go with the Crower head setup because he thought that it would be better for my street/strip setup...

Brandon

And the reason for not the Vtec...well, I just hate the fact that you can't get the Vtec to put down any torque...and also, I just havent been the fan of a "LOT" of moving parts. I mean I dont have anything against the Vtec, because I actually have a GSR head that I was gunna do a LS/Vtec Build-up with, so i mean Ive just been doing a lot of research onn the LS and it seems to me with the same amount of money and fewer moving part I can "almost" achieve the same Hp, but I will keep my torque with an engine that was designed to pull a 4-door car...

Brandon

Back