B18b1 cams in B20b

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Brandonspringle

Hello everyone.
So I've been saving up to get a new engine from Jspec Auto in Richmond Va.
I bought a 1992 Da integra a couple months back and the B18b1 that's in it has a slight rod knock at high rpm's..
I finally got enough cash to get another B18b1 for it but when I called Jspec they said all they had were B20b's in stock at the moment..
So I was talking to my buddy that wants to do the swap for me and he said to go ahead and get the B20b and he can put the B18b1 cams in it to make it better in some way (I forgot what he said exactly)
But my question is...
What is gained from switching cams ?
Is the B20b a good choice for mods in the future ?
I've looked around and can't find the answer to that..
Thanks everyone

the b20 and b18b are VERY similar. The major difference is the b20 has .2 more L of displacement due to larger bore.

The exhaust cams are the same, but the intake cam in the b18b1 is a little bigger.
We're talking 1-2 hp difference, tops. it's SO not worth the effort to swap it over, especially if your paying for labor. just run the b20 as-is.

Based on my knowledge, use the entire/complete intake manifold, throttle body, distributor, alternator, mounts, transmission, axles, shiftlinkage and engine harness off the Integra. Intake cam might not be as hard to swap over with both motors out of the car. But I wouldn't do it unless you were already replacing the timing belt and water pump on the B20. If those parts are staying....just swap over the parts on my list.

Back