B18B1 ECU QUESTION?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B18B_CIVIC

Hey guys, ok me and my friend are going to swap in a b18b1 motor tomorow, I got every thing that is needed... well allmost...

94+ B18B1 Motor
94+ 2x Integra Drive Axells
94+ Lincage
94+ Distrobuter
94+ Hydro Tranny
94+ Flywheel
94+ Cluch
94+ Starter
94+ Engine mounts
94+ Intermidiat

okay so my question is do I need the ECU to start the car? what I mean by that is the stock motor is a d16y7 non vtec and so is the b18b1 ls non vtec, once the motor is in, and all the wiring and every thing is done... will I have to have the ECU from the 94 Integra hooked up? or can I use the stock ECU from my car as a temp? will the car start and see if every thing is runing properley? because I forgot I need an ECU from the integra to have the same setting but all I want is to see if the car will start and drive to my house with the b18 in it and with the D16 computer?... :huh:

I know it's a fucked up question but I realy need to know...

yes it will start and run with the D16 computer. It might be a little lean, because the D16 fuel map will provide less fuel. So no hot rodding it but if you drive normally you should be fine.

ok, perfect... so I can drive my ek, to work and shit, and it wont stop or any thing like that?...

I called a few places today for an ECU of a 94-00 LS Integra and they want like $180 for them that's nuts... :eek:

Back