b18b1 into crx hf

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1widecrx

I have a b18b, cable trans,shift link, and mounts. what will i have to do to finish the swap

get yourself a pr4 ecu obd0, get yourself an obd0 b18a1 dizzy, youll have to go get yourself some si front spindles b/c the hf's WILL NOT WORK. next you will need 90-93 teg axles and intermediate shaft.(must remove dust boot from inner spidle for this to work)be sure to run obd0 b18a1 injectors. you will have to move fan switch wiring from back of block to thermostat housing. possibly lengthen a few wires here and there. beat drivers side framerail in just below shock tower for alternator clearance. proper radiator hoses(think theyll be for 90-93 teg) possibly new throttle cable(hf might work) and maybe a few more misc. pm me if you need more info

Originally posted by 88bluehf@Dec 9 2004, 03:38 PM
get yourself a pr4 ecu obd0, get yourself an obd0 b18a1 dizzy, youll have to go get yourself some si front spindles b/c the hf's WILL NOT WORK. next you will need 90-93 teg axles and intermediate shaft.(must remove dust boot from inner spidle for this to work)be sure to run obd0 b18a1 injectors. you will have to move fan switch wiring from back of block to thermostat housing. possibly lengthen a few wires here and there. beat drivers side framerail in just below shock tower for alternator clearance. proper radiator hoses(think theyll be for 90-93 teg) possibly new throttle cable(hf might work) and maybe a few more misc. pm me if you need more info
[post=429572]Quoted post[/post]​

or the dx spindles will work also. you will need to modify you shift linkage and also make sure you get a cable tranny not a hydro

I would suggest buying Hasports Cusomt Shift Linkages, useing a OBD0 PR4 ECU, OBD0 Injectors, OBD0 Distribtuor and modding your existing wire harness to work with the B18B running it OBD0

I have the Injectors and ECU if you are interested. ECU $40 & Injectors $20 shipped

Originally posted by 88bluehf@Dec 9 2004, 02:38 PM
next you will need 90-93 teg axles and intermediate shaft.(must remove dust boot from inner spidle for this to work)
[post=429572]Quoted post[/post]​

Is this the dust shield on the back of the spindles? I don't remember removing anything when I swapped mine. Why must this part be removed? Thanks for the info

Originally posted by 88bluehf@Dec 9 2004, 02:38 PM
next you will need 90-93 teg axles and intermediate shaft.(must remove dust boot from inner spidle for this to work)

dust sheild? WTF are you talking about

that doesn't tell you what axles and ind. med shaft to use, it doesnt tell you what spindles need to be used. I was asking the same question. also what if I want to use integra front brakes instead? I hear they stick out futher plus somewhat of a brake upgrade? I don't know. Unless its for b18b1's to are they the same splines?

4. B17A/B16A2/B16A2/B16B: Mount kit required
Transmission: If your engine is a 92-93 B18A or B17A, the one that came with the engine, but for the other engines, any of the cable clutch operated B-series transmission including Japanese or American market S1, J1, A1, Y1 or YS1. Mounts: Hasport bolt in mount kit p/n #M88-B16-10. For 94 and up engines the timing belt side engine bracket will need to be changed for the 90-93 Acura bracket p/n #
ECU: B16A ECU/B17A
Axles: With a small amount of modification, the axles that come with the engines being transplanted (excluding the B20 engines) will work perfectly in most cases. The axles are from a 94 or later car, the left-hand transmission seal, the one for the intermediate shaft, should be changed for one from a 94 Integra, p/n #91205-PL3-A01.

Originally posted by CRXSI91@Dec 9 2004, 06:55 AM
your gonna have to convert your car over to obd1 for starters.
[post=429232]Quoted post[/post]​

i agree with him i would convert your car to obd1 not convert the motor to obd0

Back