B18B1 into del sol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

2000IntegraLS

Hey everyone
I just got a 93 del sol S and i want to swap a b18b1 into it. I've already pulled the old engine out of it, so i'm familiar with the swap as far as the bolting goes. My question lies in the wiring.

Im going from non-vtec to non-vtec, and OBD1 to OBD1. Only difference of course is SOHC to now DOHC. This is my first swap being performed, and i'd like to do it all myself. Am i supposed to mate the two harnesses together. Will the original del sol wiring harness plug directly into the engine, or would it be easier to get a full integra ls harness, and run it through the firewall and around the engine.

Please respond ASAP with as much information as possible. Thanks!!!

if the B18B1 is USDM and has the engine harness, it will plug right in at the shock towers

the ECU will work too

any other questions?

i hope u have the right shift linkage. you'll need one from a B16 Del Sol. the ls one isn't going to work. the del sol is about 3 inches longer than the ls shift linkage.

I am purchasing a JDM front clip. I read that i will need to move wires around in order to make everything simply plug in. Will it make a difference between usdm vs. jdm in terms of wiring?

the front clip really isnt worth much to you
the harness will still be backwards ... it is pretty easy to modify your stock harness to work though

and you still need the correct shift linkage

i got my swap from hmotorsonline.com and steve threw in the del sol VTEC shift linkage at no extra charge

Back