B18B1 (OBD-II) Swap into 6Gen.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

korey

I was just wondering if anyone could help me with this. My plans are to throw in an LS B18B1 into my '97 Civic. I can't afford alot of down time for the car seeing how it is also my only car I used to get to work. What I need to know is if there is going to be ANY unforseen problems or little details that are going to complicate this process. I want to buy EVERYTHING before hand so this goes as smoothly as possible. I am going to build the motor, N/A, before I put it in, so any detail ( like certain header being to short/too long, mount problems, anything) I need to know. Thanx.

regardless of planning something will be missing,forgotten or broken....a swap is like major sugery,plan your best,expect a headache,manage said headache as best you and the parts guys can.sorry to say this but you'll be better off if you anticapate to have a problem and are ready to handle it.good luck

I was about to swap a LS block into my EJ...but i decided to go with JDM GSR. Just get the ECU, AXLES, Shift Links, all that ready...There might be some problems if not swapped in correctly...mostly its up to the mechanic to do the wirings right. Nothing else should go wrong..unless u blow the motor

Back