b18b1 or b20b in a da 93 integra

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hi, i was going to put in a b16a xsi but everyone says it will be slow?? any sudgestions?? i have about 2000.00 to do this complete swap.. and i want the most bang for the buck..but dont we all. i love having jdm stuff on my ride so i dont really wanna just put back in a b18a1 so tell me what you think please...
thanks

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Dec 3 2004, 07:36 AM
Lsvtec works too, fuck the b16. b20 is a good choice too.
[post=425696]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah bro get a complete b16 swap(tranny and all) then get a b20z... bolt the head on and tranny,... and ur set... if I was you I would upgrade the valve train too if you can.. and the valve relieves need to be opened a little on the b20 pistons.. its porlly cheaper to get a whole b16 swap than trying to peice it together... ran a 13.6 in my crx w/ stock b16 head and b20z bottom... but upgrade the valve train cuz I droped a valve before....goodluck

Originally posted by crxb20ed@Dec 3 2004, 10:46 AM
yeah bro get a complete b16 swap(tranny and all) then get a b20z... bolt the head on and tranny,... and ur set... if I was you I would upgrade the valve train too if you can.. and the valve relieves need to be opened a little on the b20 pistons.. its porlly cheaper to get a whole b16 swap than trying to peice it together... ran a 13.6 in my crx w/ stock b16 head and b20z bottom... but upgrade the valve train cuz I droped a valve before....goodluck

Yea, to bad its not that easy. Do you have any idea what you are talking about. How is the head going to get the oil supply for VTEC, with out some sort of line (or even the GE MFG Vtec Kit). There's a lot more involved other than just bolting on the damn head. There's machine work to be done, Clearances to be checked and so forth.

93gsIntegra - I suggest swapping in a B20Z, has 9.6:1 CR, 140Hp, 133 TQ. With some minor bolt ons (clutch, flywheel, I/H/E) it'll scoot.

turbos are your friend brian, better yet you should just give me that shit and ill give you an LS with a ported head.

Get on AIM, i need to talk to you bout those parts.

Back