B18b1 question on clearances

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dgie31

I have a B18B1 engine and am wondering what clearances others are running in their honda/Acura. I just had the block honed and want to make sure that I will not have problems with stock rings. I was told that it is .003 piston to wall and I am running the original stock cast pistons.

normally its best to run the ring manufactures recomended spec , look at your new rings and follow their spec and you should have no issue ,

Ordered NPR rings hopefully I can find the info on their site. Was affraid the honning may have took too much off , guess the rings will tell the story. If ring gap is out of spec then would I have to look at boring it or going to a different set of rings?

there are over sized rings available for honned motors but they are really not a good performance option , normally a honning removes very little so you should bre fine with stock rings ,

I went on NPR website and can not find information on what they recommend, would I have to file these rings to fit or since they are standard rings would they be a direct fit?

i would assume they are direct fit but assuming can make you look stupid so i just don't know sorry , they should provide you with the specs either in your ship ment or via contacting them

Thanks for your help, this is my first motor so I want to make sure I do not miss any thing along the way, thanks again

Last edited:
no problem , do it all slow and double and triple check your self . normally its best to follow the engine makers spec unless using aftermarket parts then follow the spec for the aftermarket parts ,

Back