1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B18b1 question on clearances

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by dgie31, Jul 9, 2008.

1. dgie31

dgie31 New Member

I have a B18B1 engine and am wondering what clearances others are running in their honda/Acura. I just had the block honed and want to make sure that I will not have problems with stock rings. I was told that it is .003 piston to wall and I am running the original stock cast pistons.

2. Bkkfarang

Bkkfarang New Member

normally its best to run the ring manufactures recomended spec , look at your new rings and follow their spec and you should have no issue ,

3. dgie31

dgie31 New Member

Ordered NPR rings hopefully I can find the info on their site. Was affraid the honning may have took too much off , guess the rings will tell the story. If ring gap is out of spec then would I have to look at boring it or going to a different set of rings?

4. Bkkfarang

Bkkfarang New Member

there are over sized rings available for honned motors but they are really not a good performance option , normally a honning removes very little so you should bre fine with stock rings ,

5. dgie31

dgie31 New Member

I went on NPR website and can not find information on what they recommend, would I have to file these rings to fit or since they are standard rings would they be a direct fit?

6. Bkkfarang

Bkkfarang New Member

i would assume they are direct fit but assuming can make you look stupid so i just don't know sorry , they should provide you with the specs either in your ship ment or via contacting them

7. dgie31

dgie31 New Member

Thanks for your help, this is my first motor so I want to make sure I do not miss any thing along the way, thanks again

Last edited: Jul 9, 2008
  8. Bkkfarang

Bkkfarang New Member

no problem , do it all slow and double and triple check your self . normally its best to follow the engine makers spec unless using aftermarket parts then follow the spec for the aftermarket parts ,

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted