b18b1 to b18c5

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

spd2base

I have a 98 integra RS and want more HP. I came upon a type-R JDM head on ebay with 33K, is this a good swap and if so, I know I need a LS Vtec conversion kit, but anything else? Does anyone recommend something besides the head for more HP like a turbo kit? I know if a got a turbo kit my AC wouldn't work outright and I need that down here in TX so I'm trying to avoid that.

THX!

You wouldn't necessarily lose AC (I'm in Texas, I know how important it is)- quite a few turbo kits on the market are routed to allow you to keep your AC system intact.

How much are you looking to spend?

Even if you buy a turbo kit, I would advise you to get the LS/VTEC setup running right first before adding a turbo.

Hey! thx so much for the response.I'm looking to spend $1100 on a JDM type-r head with 33k. I called the guy selling and he said I should gain about 50 HP but I need a LS/vtec conversion kit. I like that it has low miles bc mine already has 160K. U think its a good deal?

I don't know if it's a great deal, but it's definitely not a bad price!

Check your engine compression before the buy.. no sense working on boltons if internals are shaky. ITR heads have a high compression ratio compared to the RS.

With a compatable ECU, alone you'll probably make some good hp .. add a good header, ITR intake, & TB...!

New engine

Ok...now I came upon a tye-r b18c5 engine. It comes with everything I need for a swap. I currently have a b18b1...Is this an easy swap??? Do I need a conversion kit of any kind??? THX

Nope straight drop in. No conversion kit, just the computer to run it and Vtec wires need to be added. You can even use your tranny with it if its only the longblock.

Back