b18b1 to civic dx 1995

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HugoX

Hey I been reading some unclear answers so I just wanna get it strieght. I got a hold on a 1996 b18b1 swap. Got the intake mani . Dizzy . Block and head. Tranny . Wire harness and ecu. I know I just need the leinkage. Mounts and axles. I was wonder since I have the harness and the ecu. I just need to plug and play. Non of the convert to obd1 crap?

So it sounds like you have a Complete Longblock and Transmission. Injectors, TB, alternator....right?

You need a OBD1 P75 ECU

From my research, the Obd2 Engine harness plugs into the OBD1 shock tower plugs but there's one plug on the harness that doesn't hook up at the shock towers. Not sure what that plug controls but people declare that its fine.

Another way that I know works it to use your DX Engine harness. But you would need OBD1 B18B1 Distributor, Alternator, and appropriate OBD1 Fuel Injectors.

I would also run a OBD1 B-series Throttle Body (but not necessary) b/c it has the FITV...in OBD1, it controls idle when motor is cold and in OBD2, cold idle is controlled by the ECU.

Back