B18B1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

korey

Just a quick question, would a JDM Type-R 4-1 Header work for my 96 LS motor? If not, can anyone reccomend a good header for my motor. It will be a N/A motor. Thanx for help.

This isnt a header question, but I didnt feel like starting a new thread. I was wondering, are FPR's just for turbo or can they be used for N/A motors too. If so, will they be a benefit, what are they for, and what are some good brands? The motor is a 96 B18B1. Let me know, thanx.

Yeah, there are benifits.

With many A/F controllers like the V-AFC, they modify the map signal in order to trick the ECU into taking out or adding fuel. However at WOT the map signal is at 0 manifold pressure, so the ECU can't trick it to add more fuel.

So you have to increase the fuel pressure to add more fuel, and lean out where necissary on the AFC.

Adding fuel pressure can also help fuel atomization. I have seen dynos with gains simply by turning up the FP and leaning it back out to the same A/F ratio.

Back