B18B1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tylonalsnifnfool

Next weekend i am hopefully picking up a 92 cx with a b18b1 and a 00 civic Si tranyy(not sure on the code). I am planning on getting intake, header and exaust right away. I am new to B series and had a few questions. (1) if i put a b16 head on it how much more hp would i gain? (2) what would the head do for my torque? I don't really know what makes torque in a motor so this kinda confuses me. it seems like it could actualy hurt it since the B16 has way less. Any other info or suggestions would be nice as well. Thanx in advance.

you should gain about 10ft lbs of torque over the stock ls number. lsvtec hp stock should be about 140 to the wheels. i/h/e should net you a few more.

he's wrong, you should gain about 30 hp with the lsvtec, so more like 170 to the crank 150 to the wheels on a strong shortblock. The other mods arent gonna do much MAYBE 5 hp or so.

Thanx for the accurate info. In the long run i think i wanna spend the big$$$ on a greddy turbo kit but untill then i still wanna have a little somthing. Would it be worth it to p&p the head before i were to put it in?

yes a p&p will be worth it, it all depends on your set up. If you upgrade your valvetrain it will make more a difference than a stock one.

I would actually suggest a custom turbo kit over a greddy kit. IMO, greddy's kit doesn't put out enough hp for the money.

i'm not to good at getting all the parts together for a tubo. I tryed it once for my CRX and gave up. Kinda confuseing. If i had a little help and a good specific parts list i might be able too. this is gonna be down the road a little though.

come on man a turbo kit is not that hard what you should worried about is tuning and don't do lsvtec unless you gat $$ to get an other motor soon they don't last

Originally posted by dok@Nov 3 2004, 02:22 PM
come on man a turbo kit is not that hard what you should worried about is tuning and don't do lsvtec unless you gat $$ to get an other motor soon they don't last
[post=411268]Quoted post[/post]​

ls/vtec lasts as long as any other engine if it's built properly and not over revved. have you ever built/owned one or you just reapeating something you heard on the net??

don't listen to him, LSvtecs are good motors if you take all the precautions and build it right. Homemadeturbo should have a list on exactly what parts you need for a custom turbo kit. its not too many parts either it's just finding them at good prices.

LSVTEC get this past issue of SCC... they did an entire LSVTEC article, pretty good too. I love non-VTEC B series engines, add my love of those with my love for spooling and Im in an orgasmic heaven.

Back