b18b1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ernestoexpresso

i got a buddy trying to sell me a b18b1 block with rods and pistons for 100 bucks he said that all ill need is a head,intake,tranny and ECU is this true and what do you think im looking at to pay for all that stuff and is the block with the rods and pistons a good deal

if you can get the block and all of what you say for 50 to 75 bucks than i would say its a good deal. if it were me i would be buying it with the intention to rebuild it. ( i wouldnt trust it being that i dont know how it has been cared for its whole life) the block and the crank are the only things i would be keeping. i'd then find a matching head and have the entire thing rebuilt. that would cost about 1250 bucks. i would also need an intake manifold compete with throttle body, fast idle valve, intake air control valve,egr valve, hoses, thermostat housing, the exhaust manifold, trans, dizzy, ecu, harness, mounts, axles, ---the works. basically everything off a 95 integra LS car that i dont have as far as engine and driveline. i wouldnt pay more than 125 for the head and cams depending on its condition. at 225 total investment thats still cheaper than buying a complete engine from a wholesaler...which will still need to be machined. i just dont trust used engines enough to rely on them from the gate.

well if it was me i would try to get the block for 75 at most and save it for when i did the swap. at that price you cant beat it. unless you are the type who wants to just buy a so called used engine from japan that has only 40000 miles on it and you plan to slap it in. then you should just wait for that engine. its too bad that you cant see the internals of those japanese engines before you buy them or you cant see them run on an engine dyno so you can do head gasket tests, and compression tests.

Back