b18c into 2000 civic ex

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jsantoro2000

I just want to know what problems people ran into when they did this swap. What motor mounts to use and wiring harness, etc. Thanks.

I would also like to do this swap on a EK-4 chassis...
All comments appreciated

YOU NEED:

1. B18C
2. tranny
3. rear mount from any b-series
4. 99-00 Si wiring harness
5. any b-series shift linkage
6. any b-series axles/intermediate shaft
7. obd2b(99-up) GSR ecu

you'll use your stock driver and passenger-side mounts. you can use your stock harness, but you'll have to modify it per the jpg below.

also, youre gonna HAVE to move the ecu pin for the fuel pump relay, per the jpg below.

wiring.99-01_2.jpg

For OEM mounts you'll need to replace the DRIVERS SIDE ENGINE MOUNT and the REAR TRANSMISSION MOUNT. You wanna get the ones from the 99-00 CIVIC SI . They will bolt up, the other stock b18 mounts will work fine. As for the wiring. the honest truth is that all you gotta do is extend the wires for the O2 sensors and add a few wires for the KNOCK SENSOR, VTEC SOLENOID, At least i know thats what the shop did with my ek. :p

no, youre wrong.

only b-series mount you need is the rear mount.

you can use your d-series driver's side mount.
:beat:

uh....

you put the d-series mount on the b-series block....

ive got mine sittin out in the garage, with the d-series mount holding the motor in, and it works fine....

you take off the gsr mount, and the 2 mounts on the d-series mount line up with the 2 further-left holes on the b-series block....

you bolt it in, and mount the motor in the car....

whats so hard about that?

and the problem with a backyard swap is.......?

:D

iono...mine is lined up fine...

:shrug2:

Back