b18c into 93 teg/DA

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

herbie20h

hi there. i am a new to the site and swapping Honda motors. not to Honda's tho. I have taken the time to read some threads. and let me tell you there is a lot of info. goods and bad, what to and what not, and so on. i do have to say it seams like every thing has been done before.
OK now on to my DA/ integra. i have a 93 integra. it had a b18a1 till i threw a rod:wallbash: at 8400 rpm with stock rods and arp rod bolts. Now i found and bought a b18c from japan^_^ The b18c it obd 1 as is my integra.
hear is what i have read and learned

it will be a bolt up and drop in with no problems except the motor mount, the three trans mounts should be good. maybe??
use my stock harness, with a obd 1 vtec subharness
have it run off a p73 or p72 obd 1 computer
use a GSR throttle cable and bracket. it has two cables now?! :huh: why??
if i am wrong or left something out tell me please.

I also have a question or two.
*if i want to get parts where and what ones do i get. i think i want to put a new oil pump, water pump, seals/gaskets, belt, and maybe spark pulge wires???
*why dose my b18c use two throttle cables??? and how do i fix that??
*The b18c is a automatic motor and a 5 speed is going on it. is that a problem??
*what USDM motor is it mostly like??? b18c5 i think???
*what cold air intake will i need??? the intake i odd.
*what oil filter??
and i will tell you now i am going to race this car ever weekend at a dirt track here in new york. the quad four cavilers are fast!:( my best finish was a third.
thanks

it would probably be a b18c1 in japan they just called it a b18c.
is you transmission you are going to put in a cable or hydraulic clutch? If it is a cable transmission you can use all of your stock mounts. If it is a hydraulic, then you have to get the transmission mount from hasport and also a conversion to make the clutch run from the stock da cable. Hasport Performance they will have the mount and hydro conversion for you.

yes i am using my cable trans. i do not need an s80 my ys1 is LSD
i also have a question about all the vacuum hoses what ones do i use and hook up??

On my jdm b18c 1995 obd 1. there are two throttle cables right on the throttle body. if one is cruise control that makes sense to me now. i will look in my swap book that i bought.

yeah cruise control. I have done a bit of reading and have got a lot of answers. the last question i have is what ecu i should put in to run the motor. it is a obd 1 b18c vtec in to a 93 obd 1 integra 5 speed.

P72 ecu

Hi im king of new to this so can any one help with this i bought a 92 GSR with a b20 block and a b16 head the car was runny fine i desided to get the motor built but noticed ecu got was no good its a p75 i did some reserch and found out that the p75 is non vtec so i am guessing that it was chipped for vtec i was planning to get a p72 but my question is will that p72 ecu work with a b16 head or do i need to get a p28 obd1? thanks

Back