b18c manual to auto

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

toyossan

I know it is wierd to be going from a manual 5 speed to an automatic but im building i one seater rock crawler and my buddy has a b18c 97' integra that needs a rebuild but i need to swap to an auto for a crawler. does any know what ill need to get for the swap, tranny code, correct sensors, or anything special in a wiring harness.

Not the answer youre looking for but a B18c isnt a very good motor for rock crawling. No torque, all top end power. The exact opposite of what you want in a crawler. Pick up a SBC/700R4 for $500 and call it a day.

thanks but its just to big of a setup, and everything for my appliction. Its for a competition rock buggy and its a pretty small chasse and the engine will be mounted in the rear, and the front of the engine will facing backwards. The engine and transmission will be mounted . for a rear engine buggy with rear steer the Honda/Acura trans axle is great because of the engines reverse rotation. I have met a guy running a buggy with a 1.6L ZC engine and it works great. But if you guys can think of any other honda engine that would have a better power band for this project i would be more than thankful for any suggestions. remember the b18c is free so i you have any ideas on any upgrades that might helps me you,please let me know.

Back