B18C motor B16A tranny

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

my friend had a b18 motor hooked up to a b16 tranny and recently threw the piston down into the oil pan. he's getting a new gsr engine for dirt cheap and is handing me the broken engine with the tranny, wiring harness, and all the good stuff to hook it up. i know i can sell it on ebay for a couple c notes but i want to fix it and swap it into my del sol. is this a decent combination? i'm new to hybrids so i have absolutely no idea what i'm doing. he's seemed to have a lot of problems with this set up... first he threw a rod through the block, bought a new block, then no more than 5 months later lost the piston. any thoughts or suggestions? please reply

that block is fucked.

there is no possible way to pull a piston out of the bottom. they go in through the top, and as you go down, the cyl's taper tighter.

but the head and tranny are at least worth a G
and you can find a shortblock around.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 27 2005, 11:39 AM
that block is fucked.

there is no possible way to pull a piston out of the bottom.  they go in through the top, and as you go down, the cyl's taper tighter. 

but the head and tranny are at least worth a G
and you can find a shortblock around.
[post=492098]Quoted post[/post]​

and i told him that about getting piston out of the bottom and he said the piston disinigrated. i don't know if that's possible either but all i know is i'm getting tons of free shit. so if it's tapered toward the bottom would that mean the piston had to blast through the bottom of the cylinder therefor destroying it?

could be anything... but theres a good chance that the block is pretty much a paper weight. won't know until you tear it apart though

Back