B18C OBDII into 92-Civic HB

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

My question here is, I have a 99 Civic Si wiring harness (which is OBD2B), an OBD2a B18C, and a OBDI car. My goal is to use this harness and connect to an OBD1 ECU (P72). I heard rumor that I need to change the dizzy and injectors. True? Or could this just be wired up and used with the ECU? I would think I could just use the ones I have and wire them up, but I want to make sure before I kill something. Also, I been reading a few things and I am confused about something. Do I use the Integra rear mounting bracket or an Si bracket? I know I need the Del Sol AC bracket though.

holy shit.....

ok sounds like you posted just in time

i have basicly the same swap in my car

heres what i did and its been running fine for 3 years now

use your stock harness and modify it to fit the B18C
most of the plugs will fit already
some you will need to add some wire for them to reach... this is easy... just take wire from the JDM harness and lengthen the wires so they will reach
now you will also notice that the plugs for some things (alternator, injectors, and the distributor) are different and your stock harness plugs wont fit them... DO NOT swap the actual parts out to older shit to make this work... just swap the plugs from the JDM harness onto your harness... once again its easy

all youll need are some wire cutters and strippers, a soldering iron, some electrical tape, and if you are really trying to do a good job, some shrink wrap and some split loom

if you have the JDM harness you can scavenge your extra wire and plugs from that

the B16 harness will not fit your car

a USDM GSR harness will fit your car

as for how to add the knock sensor, secondaries, and what mounts to use... the information is all in the swap reference section

Thanks! That was helpful! I just posted a thread before on either this site or on another, and they said to convert my dizzy and injectors to OBD1 along with the ECU. I am going to look for that other thread now.

Back