B18C 'R' 50 shot?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

242turbo

hey, i have a ek with a jdm b18c R. Its the 210hp version. Has a junk ass megan racing header, AEM air intake and a skunk 2 exhaust. I want to run a 50 shot of nos on it, what do you guys think? will i blow it up? i was thinking like a zex, dry, single 50 shot kit, with a 5 pound bottle. wouldn't be used much, but i def. dont what to blow a 5,000 motor over 40-50hp

P.S: (i didnt know whether to post this in FI or here)

It should be ok but I agree with the timing thing and get some colder plugs.

I'm not 100% sure but I think nitrous makes your rings wear more quickly too so might want to look into that too. No sense wearing out your 5k engine for a 50 shot.

i would spend the money on a rage or smsp header and get it tuned.

Why did you buy that header in the first place? Isn't the JDM R stock header pretty good?? I would imagine it is better than a meagan.

the motor came with that junk ass piece of ****. Im going to get it tuned anyway, and probs a new header and exhaust. The compression is tottaly wrong for a turbo or a supercharger (i would have just got a gsr). I was thinking a little 50 shot would give me 40-50ish fwhp so i would be at like 240whp and i could reel some of dem damn k-swaps in! So bump the timing, and air? I want it to be a little sneaky system, that wont be used much, only when i gotta smoke some big talker at the track. Will my motor be able to take it? what about in the long run?

the motor came with that junk ass piece of ****. Im going to get it tuned anyway, and probs a new header and exhaust. The compression is tottaly wrong for a turbo or a supercharger (i would have just got a gsr). I was thinking a little 50 shot would give me 40-50ish fwhp so i would be at like 240whp and i could reel some of dem damn k-swaps in! So bump the timing, and air? I want it to be a little sneaky system, that wont be used much, only when i gotta smoke some big talker at the track. Will my motor be able to take it? what about in the long run?

You would not be at 240whp, I think the type r dynos at like 170whp stock. it is only 200 at the fly.

I think a small shot will be fine, but after repeated use I think you will fry the pistons, unless you go with some forged pistons.

A turbo with good tune will be better. You could run a turbo with the high compression just get a good shop to tune you.

also even though it is expensive, your motor is ready for to go N/A. Cams, rage header, valves and retainers + a tune. (this is what I am leaning towards for my B18C-R

If you want to lower your compression to run a turbo just get a cometic head gasket that is thicker than stock and some ARP head studs and torque it to their specs.

i dont want to spend alot of mony on it. I just wanted to have that little 30-50whp extra there when i gotta rip something up at the track. So for that reason do you think this woudl be a good way to go?

So what evey one is basicly telling you , is that you can go with a 50shot of nitrious to reach your goal.

But be prepared to lose the motor. A proper build would suit you better and pay for itself in the long run. In the end its your choice. But one of your Q's was about the long run, and that is what it is, with out some type of build you wont have the motor in the "long run."

Dont rush, it is not like there is a time frame, to me it sounds you want nitrious because you want the power tomorrow. You have a 200hp motor, drive it enjoy it and save money in the mean time. At least go with some forged pistons and you can do more than a 50shot. Really whats waiting 3-6 months more, right?

Back