B18C Swap in 97dx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Noeladams

Does anyone have some good info places on doing any wiring, install or help with this kinda swap. I am looking to having some family members installing the engine itself but I'm sure they wont know what goes to what. Also I have heard that a full wiring harness is a must but most of the people I have seen are selling cut ones.

I have posted in another post somewhere but couldn't find it and thats why I made a new one.

Also I have seen in many places that hmotorsonline.com is a good place and I know they are a little more expensive but most of their engines come with cut harnesses.

Anyone in South Carolina and has experience in this shoot me a email ;)

Thanks,

Noel

yeah....

check and double check and double double check before you start your swap. put everything together outside the car to make sure. getting everything in, then forgetting to do something dumb (like buy the right shift linkage) sucks.

Well I got a great deal on a black ex civic and am going to sell the red one off and probably swap into the black one now.

The ex being a sohc vtec should be all plug and play sorta speak except for the mounts correct? I also have to do some suspension work before or after the swap to lower it some the correct way

Heres a pic of the current setup.

blkonblk.JPG

Originally posted by civicious@Mar 3 2004, 12:22 AM
you cock whore...gimme back my wheels!!!

plug and play is a big fat friggity :werd:

Them their be my wheels man! :lol:

I just have been pondering the thought of when the red one is gone to put the swap in the ex. Its either a swap or turbo..... and I like the sounds of the swap more if its going to be a little easier.

If I dont swap I'll probably put a header on it and better exhaust. Turbo is really itchin at me too but hmmmm.... it will take me a while to think about that hehe

Back