B18C1 Civic Eg swap help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Slammed90Lude

So i've got a gsr swap complete sitting here and i need to know what else i need- I know that i need new shift linkage, which i was planning to order from hasport; what axles do i use? do i use the ecu that came with the motor? and if so what wiring mods do i need to make? I have a 92 dx so it's prewired for vtec- also what car do i use to connect the manifold to the exhaust?

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Oct 21 2003, 11:19 PM
So i've got a gsr swap complete sitting here and i need to know what else i need- I know that i need new shift linkage, which i was planning to order from hasport; what axles do i use? do i use the ecu that came with the motor? and if so what wiring mods do i need to make? I have a 92 dx so it's prewired for vtec- also what car do i use to connect the manifold to the exhaust?

Use the Integra axles.

Integra shift linkage.

Yes, you use the Integra ECU.

You need to wire for VTEC, knock, the IAB, and for a 4-wire O2. But, since you have a 92, you should only need to wire knock and IAB. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Get an exhaust for a Civic hatch. Have an exhaust shop connect the 2.

only VX (E-VTEC) and Si (single cam VTEC) models came with the VTEC plug on the harness. Here are the P72 GS-R pins you'll need to know (P72, which is the one that came with your motor. the letter/numbers P72 should be on the side, by the barcode, second row, bottom some where after a three digit #)

The connector slots are A,B,D. Identified by looking at the top of the computer, far left is A, then B, then D. Odd numbers on top, evens on bottom.

The pin for VTEC is A04 which is the A series connector, bottom row, one from the left. Odds on top, evens on bottom.

You'll need to ground the dark wire on the IAB, and run the Pink/Blue wire to pin A17 on the ECM.

Next, knock, which I believe is only one wire and a ground again, but may be wrong...at any rate, the pin for the knock sensor is D3.

As far as the 02 sensor goes, don't go cheap. Buy an 02 sensor for the maker of car OR ECM, both will work. You can stick with the DX sensor. the 4 wire is heated for the newer GS-R emissions, but you'll be fine.

E-mail me if you need anymore help. LoveMyBSeries@aol.com

-Brian P.S. GOOD LUCK!

as long as the motor is an obdI it should go right in with the gsr shift linkage, gsr axles will fit into the civic hubs, and the ecu should be right..might have to wire the knock sensor, vtec and the IAB. The skunk2 website has ecu pinouts for the p72. again this is only if the motor is obdI.. An obdII motor will be alot harder.. good luck

Back