B18C1 good engine? (NOOB)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

97CIVSI

I found a b18c1 looking to swap from my z6... is this a good engine? I want my car to have a little spunk...

could you break that down for me please... everyone keeps talking about EG and EK OBD1 OBD2 what the hell does all this mean? i dont wanna sound like a jackass but im trying to understand a little so i know what you guys are trying to explain to me...lol

EG EK etc is a generic breakdown for the generation of the car
EG = 92-95 civic
EK = 96-00 civic
DC2 - 94-01 integra

OBD stands for On Board Diagnostics and mostly has to do with emissions compliance... 1, 2a, 2b all being different generations of OBD

you will find a lot of answers to your basic questions here in the reference section Technical Articles and Reference - HondaSwap Forums

A lot of aftermarket support for the b18c too. I just finished my swap and it's sweet.
EM1= 99-00 civic si

Ideally, you want a OBD1 B18C1 swap but a OBD2 will work. There are way too many ways to make it "work" But if the swap is OBD2......I would swap over the necessary OBD1 stuff (OBD1 P72 ECU, Harness, Distributor, Alternator, Injectors)

Back