B18c1 into my LS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

projectxspeed

Ok, so I am heading to a GSR engine into my LS. I would like to run an ALL MOTOR setup that would still run on pump gas. What would you recommend for internal parts for a rebuild?

A good combination would be JDM ITR pistons, Toda spec B cams, Portflow springs and retainers, Skunk2 adjustable cam sprockets, Skunk2 intake manifold, and if you have the $$$ get a JG header, if not the JDM ITR unit is nice. Then, when the valvetrain is being assembled, pay a skilled professional to go over your head with a nice port n polish. After all this, drop some cash on a Hondata s200 system. Much better than any A'PEX magic box or "Mugen" chip. The dealer can often dyno tune it for you for a little extra cash. If I were you, I would also invest in a nice LSD setup, whether it be an aftermarket Quaife unit, or selling your tranny and buying a JDM ITR tranny. These are all things I'm planning on doing to my car for a good streetable setup. If you want even more power, you can get some forged high compression slugs from JE. Just re-tune your Hondata and fly like a mothafucker. But like B said, allmotor is the most expensive way to go slow. This setup will cost you a pretty penny and you will probably only see around 50 or so horses to the wheels, if you're lucky. I love all motor, but if I wanted to go really fast, i would build my botttom end and get a Full Race t3/t60-1 kit. A little more expensive initially, but man, my little white EG would be burning just about anything that wanted a piece.

Either way, good luck, mang! :D

why a full gsr swap? why not just a vtec head, ecu and a couple oil lines? IMO it would be a waste to buy a whole gsr swap, especially if you're planing on upgrading the internals. as for parts on the NA build up... fuck if i know :p .

The LS tranny is the gayest thing ever for N/A setups. It is not geared well at all. Plus, the LS differential is weaker and the unit has a lower final drive.

LSVtec is definetly not all its blown up to be, it takes much more than a couple oil lines and a head to see good reliable results, like a vtec oil pump and god help you if your gona try to run the b16 cams on a b18, an last but not least the ls bottom end is built to spin to 6800 that isn't very helpful for an all motor project. I'de go with the gsr. I like the setep dohch22a4 described alot, Its got definate potential.

Back