B18c1 Na Setup

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thepester

whats the best n/a build up i can do on a b18c1?
i got 3000 to spend on it, assuming i get the b18c1 for around 3500
so a total of apx 6000 for engine and all.

what domestic cars will it beat?

3000 + 3500 is 6500 last time I checked.
Eagle rods + Endyn Rollerwaves
Skunk2 Valves, springs, and retainers.
any cam larger than stock
cam gears
RC Injectors
Hondata to run it.

I have no way to know what domestics it will beat. What chassis are you putting it in?

na setup, hmm well a lot of people on this site send there blocks out to i think eagle, they bore them out and can put new high comp pistons in them for you for like a grand. then your motor will almost be 2liters i believe. then go with some cams, type-r cams are pretty good unless your going for a wicked dragster or something. skunk manifold, port and polish the head. upgrade the valvetrain and you'll be good to go. also get a good clutch and flywheel. good luck

To run 2 litres you have to resleeve it. That will eat 1/3 of your budget alone. Ands I forgot about the Skunk2 manifold. Light flywheel is also a good idea. For NA an ITR clutch is a great clutch.

Originally posted by vtecsir1@Mar 14 2003, 05:11 PM
na setup, hmm well a lot of people on this site send there blocks out to i think eagle, they bore them out and can put new high comp pistons in them for you for like a grand. then your motor will almost be 2liters i believe. then go with some cams, type-r cams are pretty good unless your going for a wicked dragster or something. skunk manifold, port and polish the head. upgrade the valvetrain and you'll be good to go. also get a good clutch and flywheel. good luck

Hmm. 3 people is "a lot" of people? Two of us never actually sent the blocks out either...

You can bore to whatever the hell you want when you have Golden Eagle resleeve your B block. You can have anything from 1.6 liters to 2.1 liters, depending on your stroke and bore (Honda cranks). Type R cams are great, but there are WAY more applications you can use for a more powerful, but still streetable car.

Back