B18C1 odb2 to a 95 Civic EX (odb1)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ThreeNiL

Hey all, just found this board and its the best one Ive seen on the swap subject.

OK. I finally got my hands on a low mile 98 B18C1 complete with harness, mounts, p72.. the whole works. I have an friend that is going to help me with the swap and he says its going to be a piece of cake (swapped quite a few motors). I havent talked to him in a few days and wont see him until the morning of the fiasco. This being my first shot at this, I heard it is one of the easier changeovers you can do. The only thing I am worried about is maybe having wiring issues going from obd1-obd2. Would a conversion harness allow me to use the obd2 ecu or would i have to stay with my obd1?

Any help or advice is appreciated. I just want to make sure and do it right not cutting any corners I dont have to. Its all going down this Sunday so I want to get as much feedback as I can.

Thanks in advance!

Use a OBD1 P28 ECU. OBD2 is a bitch and you will see beter power numbers with obd1. The conversion harness is @ $250 from skunk2 or $85 for a no-name.

P.S.-welcome to hondaswap :wave:

Use a OBD1 P28 ECU.

So I should just chip the OBD1 p28 that I have stock with my Civ (to gsr spec)?

Another thing I heard somewhere but is it true that the obd2 b18 will 'run' with the odb1 p28- ie leaving my current ecu in? Not meaning long term but simply startup and be driveable?

Thanks for the welcome.. I wish I could have found this board sooner :worthy:

BTW, I meant "OBD" in the subject line.. No proofing with fast typing = screwups...

Back