b18c1 removal

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

highperboi

im trying to take out my engine from my integra and im stuck on trying to get the hubs out so i can remove the axles. i took off the bolt with that little tie thing on it and i try to push it up and out of the lca but the whole thing just moves up. o yeah i took out the shocks and springs cuz i put them in my civic. Am i missing anything??

With your car on the ground, pop off the hub covers on the rims, use a breaker bar with appropriate size socket, and a cheater pipe, and turn.

hmm i think i said this wrong. well if the hub is that gold bolt then what is the thing that holds the axle? and the thing that the axle is in? the big thing connected to the upper A shap thing and the lower control arm thing?

A, B, C, or D

s3f5301abd4681.jpg

its D.. damn man your the best making a pic all for me :D :D :D

well its more of C and D because the all move together im talking bout that whole piece. like i unbolted A B C and D but i cant get D out of B.

C is the hub (from the back) and D is the ball joint. You need to get a ball joint puller, unless you can engineer another method, but the space is small and ball joint is all I have used.

Anyway, you just remove the carter pin from the castle nut at the bottom of D (underside of control arm), undo it, insert ball joint puller, and pop the ball joint out of there. once you have that one, remove the bolt that holds A through the lower control arm (B ) and everything will be free :)

wow cool thanks. this whole time i thought mines was stuck i was hammering the D one up to try to get it out of the control arm.

Back