B18C1 swap help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dima126

ok i just ordered my complete swap with everything i need for my 99 civic ex. i got everything for $4000. my question is i am going to do the swap myself and since this is going to be my first swap i was wondering how different are the two wiring harneses on my vtec ex and the B18C1 motor? i know if my car was not vtec i would have to rewire the whole vtec thing in it. but since it has vtec what would i need to do to make it run perfect or would it be plug and play kind of deal? please help!!

Quoted post[/post]]
ok i just ordered my complete swap with everything i need for my 99 civic ex. i got everything for $4000. my question is i am going to do the swap myself and since this is going to be my first swap i was wondering how different are the two wiring harneses on my vtec ex and the B18C1 motor? i know if my car was not vtec i would have to rewire the whole vtec thing in it. but since it has vtec what would i need to do to make it run perfect or would it be plug and play kind of deal? please help!!

What OBD is the motor? It makes a big difference for ease of wiring. You should also try reading the swap articles, there is a ton of info in there to help. Good luck.

Back