B18C1 Swap Questions and Gauge/Cluster Swap Questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

|Chaz|

VIP
Just a few simple questions, I already know how to install both the motor and the new cluster.

Do I need to do any modifications of the frame(Smashing it with a hammer) to get the motor to fit?

I found a really good write up of how to change the cluster in my Civic, but will the new one fit back in nice and tightly or is it going to want to wiggle around and make noises?

Thanks for any help guys/girls.

for the motor if you have b series motor mounts it will fit fine no smashing anything,,and as long as the cluster is from the same gen as your car that your working with it will fit just like stock.

Somebody told me that a GSR cluster will fit just fine. I don't think I believe them though. Pretty sure that won't work at all.

Really? Same connectors and everything? Can I swap the odometer out of it like I could with an LX cluster though?

i think so the civic and integra is the same plug up if im thinking right but hit google up before you buy one to make sure

The integra cluster doesn't fit the same in an eg dash. And there is one plug that is different. The only retrofit I did as far as a cluster, was in my 93 si hatch. I had a 99 si cluster internals fitted inside of my 93 si cluster. Worked out pretty well, the only thing is that the mph was off by 20. So if it read 60 mph, I was really only doing 40. If a cluster with a tacho is all you want, and your rpm desire is near 9k, just find a 92-95 civic si cluster.

Ok thanks. Yea a tach is all I want. I'll just keep looking till I find a 92-95 Si cluster then.

I have a modified one with digital gauges inside, but the downside to that cluster is that the fuel/temp isn't re-wired in yet and is still missing those new gauges. It is actually costing me more money than I thought it would but its damn sweet if you ask me. I'll post pictures of it up and running in the eg when its finished. All defi gauges in digital led readout :thumbsup:

help ** hi i have jb eg vx how i put a gsr 99 please lmk

Back