B18C1 Timing Issue !!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDMPalace

I did a GSR swap in my delsol and everything was fine till the distributor came lose :( (it only had two bolts on it) and then for some reasone the coil went bad. I ordered a new distributor and I installed it last weekend and the car fired right up. But I can't get the timing right. For some reason even at all the way rotated to advance the mark will only gets close to white line and not even between white and red so no where close to red where it should be, and the rpm is somewhere in 1100s. When I tried to retard it then it's not even close to white but then the car doesn't run right. I did jump the service connector but still it same case. In full advance the car runs fine in higher RPM but it just doesn't have the power it used in lower RPM.

Any thought why my timing is so off right now? Any help is appreciated !

I would pull the timing belt and reinstall with a new one. The marks are probably a hair off right now, just enough for you to not be able to set the ignition timing correctly.

hmmm maybe the timing belt is stretched or not to spec, but sounds more complicated than that

Back