1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b18c1

Discussion in 'Integra' started by whyamionahondaforum, Feb 2, 2009.

1. whyamionahondaforum

whyamionahondaforum New Member

Ok so I have a 200 integra with a b18b. I plan on eventually slapping a turbo on the car when i have time/money/ and the know how to do most of it myself. I had planned on picking up a spare b18b and building the bottem end. that will keep me from having any down time. and also allow me to have a monster engine when it is finally finished

Well i just happened across a b18c1 long block. for about 300.
    Would the b18b still be better even if I lowered the compression on the b18c?
    also is that a decent price for one? I live in a smaller city andthis is actually the first b series i have come across.

Forgive me for my lack of knowledge

2. squeals

squeals New Member

the LS is more turbo friendly but you'll get a lot more performance out of the GSR. and for 300 bucks?! just get the tranny to match it and you'll be good to go.

3. whyamionahondaforum

i was actually thinking about the 6 speed type s tranny, already LSD and all. I knwo the type r and some gsr trannies are LSD but 6 speeds are sexy. Would it mate to the engine ok? or is it pointless to even try?

4. je power

je power New Member

ya thats a good price for a gsr short block i wiould go with the gse jut because you can get it cheap but dont be stupid and put a ls head on get the gsr head

5. squeals

squeals New Member

nah man. the type s tranny is for a k series motor. it's not compatible with the B series GSR block. so, just get the gsr tranny and your set.

6. eastbxc

eastbxc Custom User Title

I think B series transmissions are 5 speed I don't think they made a 6 speed........:confused:

7. whyamionahondaforum

yeah I kinda thought it would not be compatable, but since everything else in hondas swaps out lol i figured they had figured out a way.

8. ntenc1

ntenc1 New Member

Depends on what you want to do with the car. Gsr or B16 tranny would be good!

The rsx six speed tranny is a K not a B.

9. eastbxc

eastbxc Custom User Title

Really? Like I just didn't say that?

10. squeals

squeals New Member

i fuckin wish there was a B series 6 speed tranny.................

11. ntenc1

ntenc1 New Member

Sorry dude.....I took what you said totally the wrong way.

12. whyamionahondaforum

ok so i found out that the engine has a b16 hear and I believe it was civic type r pistons and was at 13 somethign compression. he had it running as an all motor set-up obv.

Now i am wondering since i plan on going turbo in the future will I need a new head? I have been told that just a thicker head gasket will lower the compression but will it really lower it that much?

OBV i am going to be getting new pistions but shuld i look around for a b18c head as well? or just go with a thicker head gasket and the b16 head

13. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

When did he say anything about a short block? He didn't. He said it was a long block. And obviously you don't even know what those terms mean anyway...

If you're going to be swapping out the pistons then you'll be fine. I would just keep the B16 head...

14. teggyguy

teggyguy high density foot.

Do you know if there was anything done with the rods?

I would have to imagine there was with those pistons...
    Either way I would go with cp or wiseco pistons. If you don't know what rods are in there I would put some new ones in. A: You could have shot peened ls rods ( not likely )
    B: You probably have crower rods. OR you could have eagle. I would go 9:1 or 9.5:1 at the highest. You probably will need some bigger injectors too. I'd also pull the head and verify prior to pulling the pistons if there has been any boring.

15. whyamionahondaforum

ok well i went and looked at the block today. He recently sold the head to another guy so it is now a short block.

I verified that it has CTR pistions. and by that I asked him and he said it did lol. I trust the guy he is a real good friend of my brothers. So hopefully should I buy then engine there will be no surprises.

To my knowledge there are not up greded rods in there but he has a set of crower he is willing to sell me along with some arp head studs.

Now my next question is since I am going to need a head, shuld I look for the b18 or b16? I was told that the b16 is a much better fowing head and will be best for what I want

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted