B18C5 into 1992 Civic LX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

95civicracer69

Guys, I need help. I am buying a B18C5 from the local police station with a JG MAnifold, AEM gears and pulleys, ZEX flywheel and ACT clutch, and a DC Sports header. I am getting the motor for 400$ :D . My only problem is that I am only experienced with the B16. What ECU and wiring harness will I need? Is there any way around buying an expensive ITR ECU and harness? All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Yea, get an OBD1 b16a2 ECU and have it chipped to 8800 redline, and use all OBD1 stuff. The motor is OBD2, bring it down to OBD1. It won't have quite 200hp but it'll be close.

Couple things:
1. ITRs do not have a 8800 Redline. 8800 is potentially rather dangerous for a stock ITR valvetrain.
2. Any OBD1 ECU will work fine when chipped properly (some will require a vtec conversion) including your P06 from the 92 LX.
3. You can either get a Ex (D16Z6) harness, Si (D16Z6) or 94-95 Del sol (B16) or JDM 92-95 Civic VTi (B16) harness. You can also use the stock LX harness and add wires for vtec, vtec pressure, and knock (if the ECU looks for it- most chipped ECUs will not, although this depends on which program the person chipping it uses) You will probably need to do some rewiring to make the OBD2 distributor work correctly with your OBD1 harness, regardless of which engine harness you use.

Thanks for the info, thank god i dont have to have a ITR harness and ECU. If i can find a OBD -1 b-series dizzy would it work with a chipped P06?

Please No..... get one of these I'll list in order of best to least best:
P61-92-93 usdm GSR

PR3Joo or PR3J51- B16a integra. JDM

P30- 92-95 DOHC Vtec usdm

P28- 92-95 SOHC VTEC usdm.

As long as you have an OBD1 Dizzy that is for a B-series it will work, although with a non-Vtec dizzy you will have to cut one of the three legs off. No big deal.

OBD1 dizzy will be plug and play. OBD2 will require rewiring.

All OBD1 ECUs are electrically compatible. If you have skillz with a soldering iron, check out the EcuHardwareMods section of the PGMFI Wiki @ wiki.pgmfi.org ... All of the conversions (non-vtec to vtec, non-iab to AIB, auto to manual, ...) are detailed there. You need to both chip AND do a vtec conversion on the P06 for it to work properly.

If you want help, I got you covered :)

Back