b18c98typer into 98 Civic Coupe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

speedracer40

Hello Guyz.....

I am new to this sort of thing...and have some general questions.

I have aquired a 98 Civic Coupe Ex with bad transmission and some body damage..

I want to turn this into a show stopping downright BA car..

I have decided to swap a b18c98type r engine for starters...

questions....can you slap a turbo into this engine without modifying the rods and valve train components?

also, this will be my first swap..should this go without difficulty?

also, what body kits would look good for this model civic...I would like to go JDM if I can...

much thanks..............speed.:)

yes it will drop in yes you can boost it on a good tune nothing over 7psi in my opinon and no body kit

dont boost.. no body kits ..

same year, vtec is wired already.. with the right mounts and linkage, this swap should be simple

I concur. Why boost a perfectly good Type R motor? 11+ compression ratio is insanely high for boost. I would go all motor. No body kit except maybe some CTR stuff.

just keep the stock itr motor. they make good power for what they are. you can even do a cheap hondata street tune and throw in some JDM ITR cams and put down some decent numbers on the dyno. all motor is the way to go =D

oh yea...no body kit. keep it clean and simple. maybe ctr lip kit all around, carbon fiber hood...ahh like mineeee =)

If he is buying a 98 Type R then why would he spend good money on cams he already has? B18C is the JDM type R. No need for cams.

Back