1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b20/b16 CLEARANCES

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by 92sib20/b16, Oct 1, 2006.

1. 92sib20/b16

92sib20/b16 New Member

i Have A B20z Block With A B16a Head And I Need To Know The Clearance On The Two As Far As How Much I Can Cut The Head And The Block.... I Have A Oil Leak That Has Not Quit After Numerous Things Have Been Tried I Have Put On A New Head Gasket And Done All The Right Procedures Cometic Head Gasket And Torqued In Three Increments??? So If I Have The Head And Block Squared How Much Can I Go On The Head And Block. And Also Am I Using The Correct Head Gasket?? I Used A Cometic B18 .30 Over Gasket And I Was Told That It Would Work With The Swap??also Guys I Am New At This Honda Thing?? If I Tear Into The Engine What Bearings Should I Put The Engine Back Together With?? And Also What Kinda Rings Are Good To Use...thanks Guys I Need All The Help I Can Get .....

2. 92sib20/b16

92sib20/b16 New Member

ok guys i have done some research and have found that the piston to deck height is .030 so if i go .010 on the deck and .020 on the head with a .030 head gasket should my clearances be ok with stock cams and such...and if so would they be ok with maybe stage one cams ?? again i am using stock crank its just been polished and stock rods that have been cryotreated and shot peened and reconditioned... what kind of bearings should i put the engine back together with< rod and crank> let me know also without boring the engine i am gonna have the machinist hone the cylinders really good and use the stock pistons but i am gonna put new rings on them so what would you guys prefer for the best rings also... thanks for all the help.....

3. 92sib20/b16

92sib20/b16 New Member

no help is see well ??????

4. GSRCRXsi

GSRCRXsi Super Moderator Moderator VIP

no one is helping because no one can tell you what the clearances are. you have to build it and check them for yourself.

5. GSR99si

GSR99si Junior Member

recommend use stock honda bearings and a b18 ls mls headgasket from felpro would work just fine. That is what I used and had no problems.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted