B20? Befo I Buy

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mr.paower

hey all u swap techs out there...I was wondering if the crv tranny(if front wheel drive only ) and ecu would work on 96 up civic need to know asap ..thanks

the tranny could work but it sucks ass
depending what B20 you get the IM may or may not work

Well i'm not sure about the tranny... should work, whats the tranny code?

As for other parts, you will need to change the intake manifold, the crv one sits too high and you won't be able to close your hooda

Other things im not sure of: drive shafts and ecu... in theory the ecu should work but then again since when did theory work in regards to hondas

Hey I'm puting the B20 in my 99 civic... I was told you need a 94 teg tranny, shift linkage, clutch, flywheel, and rear tranny mont... but i was just informed that someone else used a 98 teg tranny.... i should know later on today...

oh yeah you should be able to run your ecu with the crv engine if it's not a Vtec ecu... It will still work with a civic Vtec ecu but your engine will shut off when Vtec is supposed to engage...

Originally posted by SparkeZ@Jun 17 2003, 01:32 AM
Hey I'm puting the B20 in my 99 civic... I was told you need a 94 teg tranny, shift linkage, clutch, flywheel, and rear tranny mont... but i was just informed that someone else used a 98 teg tranny.... i should know later on today...

oh yeah you should be able to run your ecu with the crv engine if it's not a Vtec ecu... It will still work with a civic Vtec ecu but your engine will shut off when Vtec is supposed to engage...

what are you talking about? any b series hydro tranny will work, the engine doesnt shut off when you hit vtec without a vtec ecu.

Hey read my post again....

Yeah any 94 + tranny will work

Edit
woops thats 94+ Integra tranny

But the B20 and tranny can be made to fit.... I know someone that is building a AWD civic.... a whole lot of fuckery though

Back